SCOUTS South Africa has to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. For the ends of this clause, “personal information” is defined according to the details in the Promotion of Access to Information Act, number 2 of 2000 (PAIA). This information can be downloaded from: http://us-cdn.creamermedia.co.za/assets/articles/attachments/03569_promofaccestoinfoact2.pdf
SCOUTS South Africa is authorised to gather, store and use the following of your information:
Name and surname
Date of birth
Non-personal click patterns
IP address, and
ID or passport number
SCOUTS South Africa is entitled to gather, store and use the above information for the following purposes:
- To greet you when you access the site;
- To inform you (if you have agreed to this) of facts regarding your access and use of the site;
- To inform you (if you have agreed to this) of competitions and promotions offered by SCOUTS South Africa or its partners;
- To set up non-personal statistics about internet habits, click patterns and access to the site;
- To verify your identity when you make a transaction through SCOUTS South Africa;
- To ensure the products are received by the addressee.
- The above information is either gathered electronically through the use of “cookies”, or provided by you voluntarily. You can regulate the use of “cookies” independently with your personal search engine settings.
- You can choose to not receive any information from SCOUTS South Africa and its partners.
SCOUTS South Africa is entitled to gather, store, compile and share any information gleaned from you, subject to the following conditions: SCOUTS South Africa may not make any of your personal details public unless you have agreed to it, or unless it is required for the purposes of any judicial process. SCOUTS South Africa may compile, use and share any information that has no bearing on any particular individual, and SCOUTS South Africa owns and reserves the right to non-personal statistical information gathered and complied by SCOUTS South Africa. You acknowledge and agree that certain personal information (such as your full name, delivery address, email address and contact details) may be passed on to the courier company to ensure delivery of the products you have bought.”